Personality
Nature or nurture?
Nature is the idea that humans have developed their personalities and traits from the environment they grew up in. If a person grew up in a male dominated environment for example and all boys school then according to the nature argument that person will have more male traits and behave in a more male orientated way. This theory is sometimes proven when a girl from a young age is raised solely by her farther some girls will develop more masculine tendencies rather than if she was raised by her mother.
The nurture argument states that it is not the environment you are raised in but how you are raised so going back to the previous argument about the little girl being raised by her single parent father, in the nature theory due to the environment she grew up in she developed male traits however according to the nurture theory she could have grown up in the same circumstances and still kept all her femininity if her father had raised her exactly how her mother would have. (Nature, online)
Personality tests;
The summary that has been gained from participating in these two tests is that I have learnt a great deal about the way in which my brain functions and reacts to everyday situations, I have learnt that I am an extrovert rather than an introvert, an extrovert is considered to be somebody who is very outgoing and very creative. An introvert is considered to be someone who is very shy and receding.
After taking the two tests, I can now compare them and my findings.
Both tests showed practically the same results both agreeing that I was a risk taker who was outgoing in touch with his artistic side and was a very creative ideas person who keeps a cool head in high pressure situations.(BBC,online)
However the way in which these results were presented was very different , the first test I took the results were shown in written for explaining in great detail where I score highly and where I score less highly . Whereas the second test displayed my results on a very informative video, I agree with both of the tests and there results I think that is 100% me and who I am.(initforlife,online)
Yes I would be happy for such a test to be used as a selection tool as these testes are designed to find out exactly how you function in everyday situations and these tests will be able to indicate whether or not you as a person will be able to perform to the necessary level the job requires you to.
In conclusion I feel that personality tests are very thorough and they help identify a candidates key features that can help the business and help that person in the job they are about to undertake.
References;
Available on: http://genealogy.about.com/cs/geneticgenealogy/a/nature_nurture.htm Accessed on:[ 18th February 2010]
Available on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/whatamilike/index.shtml Accessed on:[ 18th February 2010]
Available on: www.initforlife.com/home/tm.asp Accessed on:[ 18th February 2010]
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment